Monday, April 28, 2008

Blue Darts


Last week, my SIL, Kelli, posted a blog about bloggers always looking for something to blog about. I have to agree, which is why up until yesterday's house fire I hadn't posted anything. I seriously had nothing to blog about & was actually quite depressed about it. Well, here's something that I learned in my pharmacology class today. We are learning about self-care (ie over the counter meds) in GI issues & here it is...

The average person passes gas 7 times a day, & each time it equals about 1/2 cup of gas.


I hate to say it, but this is something that I will remember forever. Forget about what drugs you use to treat bloating & other GI dysfunctions; that probably won't stick. I now know why there is the so called global warming; it's not all the pollution from cars & industries, but the fact that everyone farts on average 7 times per day producing 144+ billion gallons of gas per day!!! I think this will be one of those little known facts that I can share on a first date.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

uhhhh, you might want to save the fart info for the 2nd or 3rd date.

Jaimi said...

Crazy how those little tidbits never "slip" from our minds....I remember learning about cows and how their methane affects the ozone back in junior high...I just can't remember if it was in Ms. Gingras' or Mr. Lamb's class. ( :

Shannon said...

Totally a Kristine thing to blog about. I love it!!!