This morning I left my house earlier than usual to participate in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure here in Vegas. I've done 5 Ks before, but I have never seen that many people for a single race. It was amazing to see all those who support the cause to find a cure for breast cancer. I love to do 5 Ks, & seem to do only the ones that benefit healthcare. I guess that's how I roll. One of the motivations for me is the T-shirt, but I'm not to impressed with this one; I think it'll be one that I wear only around the house. But they did have the best post race swag I have ever seen, ice cream cones.The second first for me is my first cockroach. I have lived in Henderson for 10 m
onths now & had yet to see one. It was so nice to be waiting, on its back, for me next to my car when I got home. I though about stepping on it, but then thought better of that & used a baseball sized rock to squish it. It took two attempts to kill it. The first time it was waving its legs & antennas trying to get me to stop, but I didn't hesitate & dropped the rock on it. Surprisingly enough, it didn't kill it, & I had to go in for a second attempt. I new I was successful because of the nice crunch that followed the rock crashing to the ground. All I can say is so long cockroach, there is one less of you to breed in this world.
4 comments:
horray for 5k's. Not horray for cockroaches.
GROSS!!!! I hate cockroaches! I especially hate the "crunch" they make when you're trying to kill them...ahhhh...too many memories of those things, China & Hawaii. I think I've had my share of them.
Sounds like the race went really well. Way to go!
You should have pressed it in your scrapbook... right next to the napkin from prom!
Sadly enough, I never went to prom or any of the "boy's choice" dances. This winter my school had a winter banquet, I didn't attend. I think that was because either A) I'm still bitter about not going to prom the 3 years that I could have gone & didn't want to relive that sad era of my life (Joe Anderson never did ask me to dance at any of the school dances) or B) I just didn't care. I'm going with B.
Post a Comment