Sunday, April 27, 2008
Burning Down the House
Typically, I live in a very quiet house & neighborhood, but not today. I went to church, made a smoothy and had both my visiting teachers & home teachers come over. However, it was a different story a few minutes after my home teacher & his wife left.
My roommate, Aliesh who is a paramedic, was baking banana bread. I thought it smelled a little strange, but didn't think anything of it. She came down to the kitchen to check it & at the same time we heard sirens. I told her something good must be happening, & she responded by saying it's never anything good. Well, next thing we knew there were sirens outside our door. Aliesha being the siren chaser that she is went outside to see what it was & came back in & told me to look out our back door. Well...what did I see...smoke spilling out of the house to the north west of ours which meant that we could see it even better from my bedroom. So, we barreled up the stairs to see the above pictures. I was so excited to see what was going on; smoke was coming out everywhere, the chimney, exhaust pipes, under the eves & bar tiles, everywhere. It was exciting, but at the same time sad to see that happening to someone's home. All the neighbors were in their backyards checking it out & spraying down their trees. It was crazy. I called up my family to tell them what was going on, & my mom asked me if I was going to go check out the firemen to see if I could get a date. I really would have, but I'm just a little too shy. It kinda reminded me of the time that there was some sort of fire or an alarm for one at Orem High, & there were firemen all around. I have to say that there were some mighty fine ones to look at then, so I'm sure I wouldn't have been disappointed tonight either. What a great way to finish my Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
cool. we Yike the music.
Post a Comment