Project Time
It's project time...or was. I didn't have much to do on my time off so I decided to be somewhat ambitious...very ambitious for me. Back in December, I took my nieces to the quilt shop in Springville to get their mom a Christmas present. Well, I saw this really cute purse pattern & thought I can do that. Yeah, little did I know that it would take me somewhere from 5-7 hours to make. The pattern cost $12, the fabric $15, and my time. Well, we won't talk about the cost of my time. If you think about how much I'll be making an hour, I could have bought me Coach bag. The top bag
is mine & is basically the pattern, minus the button closure, & buttons on the pockets. The second one is one I made for my SIL Kelli for her birthday. I altered the pattern a bit, but I'm quite impressed with my sewing skills. I haven't really sewn since 4H way back when I was 10 or there abouts. Next on my list...a skirt. I bought super cute fabric when I bought this purse pattern. It's sitting on my table & waiting. Guess I'd better get out the sewing machine (that my parents gave me for Christmas) & get busy.
2 comments:
Hey, I got a sewing machine from my parents for Christmas too! I'm surprised you haven't sewn since 4-H. Your mom is such a pro! Remember the fashion show we had to be in after we finished our first outfits? Ugh. I still have my recipe box with the entry card in it with all the recipes. I still use it--what's it been? 22 years? Yikes!
I'm rambling! Good job! Very cute!
Teach me please! Wait, I guess it would be useful to get a sewing machine first, right?! I love how they turned out!
Post a Comment