Saturday, November 14, 2009

Just about there...

I took my last test of PA school yesterday. It was my OSCE & I'm not exactly sure what that stands for. I guess I could look it up, but why. Basically, they bring in actors & we have to do a physical, order labs & write up a note on the case. All in 20 minutes! Which seems like a long time, but as a student it's supper short. Luckily, I finished in time. I forgot a couple of things in my note, but overall I think I did ok. My patient had back pain & an enlarged prostate gland. The best part was saying that I wanted to do a rectal exam & the proctor, who was in the room with me, uncovered a model of man's butt. Thank goodness, that's what I got to do my "exam" on instead of the actual person! I didn't want a repeat of my Please keep your thumb tucked in... post. So, if I'm lucky enough to get 65% on this OSCE, then I will be graduating in 3 weeks. Then, it's all about cramming for the boards.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Almost done. What all do you have to do for boards? Are they tests or what?

Shannon said...

Check you out!! I'm so proud of you!!

Party of Five said...

Kristine you are awesome! Good luck!

Kristine said...

Boards consist of a written test. 360 multiple choice questions over a lovely 6 hours. I'm soo excited for that one :D