Thursday, October 16, 2008

Trying his darnedest












This is Cole, my nephew, & this is what he was trying to do the other day.

Cole will be 3 next month & is at that stage where he wants to do everything that all the "grownups" do.  He is a sweet little guy when he wants to be, but if you tell him something needs to be cleaned...watch out 'cause it'll be rubbed raw before he's done with it.  He's a tad bit OCD in that department.

Well...the other day, my parents, Rick & Cole were on their way home from closing up our family's house in Scofield.  Naturally, my mom sat in the back of Rick's truck with Cole.  (If grandma is around, he's right by her side, & if not, he's wondering where she is.)  He usually has his headphones on & watches Bob the Builder, but at this time he was working quite hard to do a hand gesture.  Well...it wasn't the one he was trying for.  Instead he held up the ubiquitous middle finger.  Yup, my adorable, sweet nephew can now let the bird fly.  He was so proud of himself, & said, "Look dad.  I can do it now."  I'm sure glad I wasn't in that car, because I might not have been able to keep a strait face.

I tried to get him to do repeat it for me as some post-Sierra's baptism entertainment.  But to true Cole style, he wouldn't.  I guess it's a good thing that the Herlevi stubbornness hasn't been diluted out of him.

1 comment:

Jaimi said...

He seems like quite the boy. No shortage on stories with him. (: