Sunday, April 18, 2010

Project #2


It's only taken me a month, but I finally finished my skirt. The sewing machine & fabric, oh & cutting mat & what not has been on my kitchen table for a good month. Good thing I live by myself! I was using a pattern that had pleats & a zipper, & I just didn't feel up to tackling those 2 monsters; so, I just put elastic in the waist, because then I'll have room to grow. I sure hope not! Anyway, it wrapped around me a good 1 1/2 times, & I was so frustrated with the dang thing that I almost let it rot. Finally, I got up the courage to take it on once again & tad-ah! It wasn't that bad, really. I think I might whip myself up another one next weekend...

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I want to see a picture of it ON.
It's cute. I might tackle making an apron tomorrow for Courtney. That means it has to be done by Tuesday.