Saturday, January 24, 2009

Waiting?...

I met a friend at the temple today.  I got there a little before her, so I went up to the chapel to wait.  As I was sitting on the back row, one of the temple workers came up to me and asked...
TW: Are you waiting for your spouse?
Me: No, a friend?
TW: So, you're not waiting for your husband?
Me: No, I'm not married.  I don't have a husband to be waiting for yet.  So, I guess I am technically waiting for a husband, but I might be waiting quite a while for him here.
TW: Well, I hope you don't have to wait too long for him.
Me: Me too.

We both laughed, along with the girl who was sitting next to me who was actually waiting for her husband.  My friend eventually came, & we had a good laugh about it.  So, yes I'm still waiting for my husband, but hopefully I don't have to wait too long.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

That's awesome!! Maybe it's a sign. :)

Tropicanna said...

Ha ha ha! That was a good story :)

Kristine said...

It seriously made me laugh, & I couldn't help saying what I did. It was almost like she set it up for me to say that I was technically waiting to find the right one. It is a great story; one that I'll be able to tell my husband someday!

DJ said...

Very funny! Thank for keeping me entertained!

Add my new blog, derrickandjennifer.blogspot.com.

Travel safe. I'll miss you.

Jenn