Sunday, September 21, 2008

Am I old or am I young?

Now, I have to say that it is quite a shock to oneself when you wake up on your 31st birthday & are no longer considered a young single adult, but instead, you are now a single adult.  I happily made the transition form the YSA to family ward before that fateful day came, but tonight was my first SA outing...

Who would think that one day, one hour, one minute, or even one second could determine who you now socialize with at church?  I have to admit that I wasn't too good the last year or so about attending the YSA activities, but still the age span of 18-31 years old isn't quite as large as 31 years to death!!!  Yeah, dying is inevitable for everyone, but for some it's the only way they can escape their SA status.

Tonight was a stake SA fireside.  I have to say that I went to 1. see what the house was like & 2. to see what type of people go to those type of things.  Luckily, there were 2 girls from my ward who are around my age who were there, & another girl who I knew from the YSA ward.  I have to say that I was the best looking girl there & was sorely disappointed that not one man asked for my phone number.  Oh well, I don't think I'll loose any sleep over it.  It was quite entertaining.  I'm a people watcher, & there was some good people watching to be had.  I think I might have to go to some more of these SA things to get my fill of people watching.  I'm kinda bored with my classmates.

So, here's the question...am I considered to be old or am I now young?  Because I sure felt young tonight.

5 comments:

Party of Five said...

Isn't 31 the new 20. That's what I heard!

Shannon said...

Hello! If you're the hottest person there then that obviously means you're young!! :)

Kelli said...

I want to tag along with you next time, because I'm sure in the mood to feel young again.

Kristine said...

This is what I'm really wondering...who do I have more in common with, an 18 year old or a 50 year old? It's such a dilemma & yes I did feel young & yes I was the hottest person there. Life can be so difficult sometimes. I don't want to sound cocky or anything, but it's truth.

Jaimi said...

We are always going to be young right?
So, I want to hear about some of your observations while people watching. There has got to be some good stories!