For the past 32 years (that includes the year I was born), I have had to share my birthday with St Patrick. I can't say that I particularly enjoy sharing my special day with some saint (who, it is said, drove the snakes out of Ireland), but I have learned to deal with it. I have found that it makes it easy for people to remember my birthday. I always seem to get something related to a shamrock. I have received live shamrocks (I got one this year, but left in UT so my mom could plant it outside), shamrock earrings & necklaces, an Irish doll, & my favorite a 4 by 4 inch by 2 inch light up shamrock necklace (that's my mom's idea of being funny/sarcastic).I can't really complain because my birthday isn't on Christmas ( I love Christmas & what it represents, but I wouldn't want to open my birthday presents with the rest of my family opening presents on the same day) or Valentine's day. I really HATE hearts. I have an absolute aversion to them (unless it's the one in someone's chest, they're absolutely fascinating). If I see something that I like but then see a heart pattern somewhere in it, no matter how small, I gag, throw up in my mouth, & then run away. So, really I can't complain about sharing my birthday with a man who some people pray to & getting the occasional shamrock.
No comments:
Post a Comment