Thursday, January 31, 2008

Family Support

I have always been very close to my family. It has been a tough moving away. Even if it only is 5 1/2 hours to my parents, I can't justify driving home every weekend to visit. My first four months weren't too bad, because we had a lot of Jewish Holidays, which meant I got to go home, & some of my family came down to visit. I have been very lonely lately. I moved into a house with four girls that I did not know, & now there are only three of living in the house. It's difficult when they are not social & have lives of their own. My house has been congenial but not social. I have also found it difficult to attend a single adult ward when I am 30 & the majority of the members are either fresh off their missions or waiting for a missionary. I have gone a couple of times to a different ward, but even though they are friendly, I have not been included in their social circle. It is difficult to be in that limbo stage as a single member of the church. No matter how much people try to be sympathetic to the fact until they have been there they don't know what it is like.

I am not a very outgoing person as many people will agree with, but when I came to Henderson I wanted to make it my goal to be friendlier. I truly believe that I have been more outgoing; I had to be because it was the only way I could survive. I have met some good people here, but none whom I can call a close friend. I have tried reaching out to others, but they have not reached out to me. That is difficult for me, because I would like to think that I am a loyal friend & would do anything for one of my friends. I try to include my friends in all that I do socially, because I have been on the outside so many times which seems to be happening again.

This is where my family comes in. I am so grateful for the love & support that they have given me. They can never know how much just being able to talk to them has meant to me. They have been my coaches & cheer team. They have shared their similar experiences & have born their testimonies to me of the Atonement of our Savior. It is comforting to know that Heavenly Father's plan for us included the Atonement as well as the family unit. I have the comfort of knowing that Jesus knows exactly what I am going through with no dear friends close by. I am grateful for the family that I was sent to & the knowledge that we can be together forever.

We are hear to help one another return to live with our Heavenly Father & Savior. It is comforting to know that even though friends will come & go, & they seem to go more than come, my family will always be there even if it is just a phone call. I know that if I continue to do what I am suppose to that He will send my a close friend that I can count on here in Henderson. I know that my family & Savior will not desert me in my time of need.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You really do have an awesome family. I loved going over to your house and hanging out with them, even taking their pictures. I miss those days of just being able to be like, "you wanna go and get a jamba juice?"...and then doing drive by's. It's hard to get adjusted to new surroundings and new people, even a new ward where you don't know anyone. Even being married I have a hard time going to relief society because I still don't really know anyone. I forced myself to go to a girls night out with the ward, but left early because I just didn't feel like I fit in? As long as we're doing our part the rest will fall in place.

Love ya Kris!
Shan

Jonathan and Teresa Herlevi said...

Who's that really pretty girl in the white dress?