Sunday, August 8, 2010

Choices...choices...choices!!!

This house hunting thing is going to my head, literally. I'm slightly OCD at any given time, but I'm really OCD about this. Maybe, it's because it will be a HUGE commitment. I mean in the past 5 years, I've moved 10 times! Who does that? I guess I have. I've stayed at my current place of residents for 18 months, & I would be happy except for my downstairs neighbors. They have got to go, but me being the passive aggressive one in our "relationship" I just stomp around when they get loud. So, I'm going to move, because well, I can & I want to.

It's frightening thinking that I might have to start nesting. I shouldn't have to worry about that until I get married & start having kids. What if I don't like my neighbors or ward? Although, at the same time, I get to paint my walls whatever color I want (I could now, but then they would have to return to white when I move. And that would mean putting in time & effort 2 times. Yeah, not going to happen). If I don't like my kitchen, then rip the darn thing out & do it all over again. Oh, the possibilities.

The real dilemma these days is...townhouse or single family. I don't like noise...PERIOD! I hate hearing my neighbors! And I don't want to pay $130+ for an stinkin' HOA fee. But...on the other hand, I could live in a gated community with a pool (I'll be wearing my spf 1000 & be the whitest white girl there) & there wouldn't be a huge yard to care for. OK, the yards here are TINY in comparison to the ones in UT, but still I could have room for a table & chairs & a GRILL! That's all I need I'm not picky.

1 comment:

Jaimi said...

Hey there, sorry I haven't written back.I still haven't had our internet hooked up--hoping within the week.

Good luck with the house hunting. I think there are some town houses by Hailey for sale if you are interested. Exciting!

I'll write back soon.